Hiring Backup & Storage Administrator in Bangalore
Exp : 5-10 Years
Job Location : Bangalore
Experience : 5-10 Years
Summary-Must possess in depth knowledge of storage & backup infrastructure and experience in architecting storage and backup solutions. Hands on experience on SANs, SAN boxes/External Storage, NAS based storage, exposure to various vendor systems and solutions – EMC, NetApp, HP, IBM, Hitachi, RAID concepts, Storage Performance, Storage Management systems , Array based replication and backups, Tape storage & backup, VTLs, Replications & Backup for DR. Will lead in storage and backup infrastructure and capacity assessments solution design and implementation.
•Extensive experience in designing and implementing enterprise level storage solutions
•Extensive experience on HP/EMC/Hitachi/Sun/NetApp (Either 2 or more) in large environments
Must have previous handson experience on atleast 2 storage technolgies
•Ability to make solution presentations to customer on storage and backup solutions
•Sizing of Storage, VTL, Tape library and defining the backup policies.( For any vendor product )
•Should have storage migration experience
•Should have experstise on Storage Virtualization, deduplication, BCV, Remote copy, Synchronous and asynchronous, data center fibre cables
•Ability to provide technology leadership and solution design regarding storage and backup aspects in proposal builiding/RFP response is important.
• Advanced technical knowledge in storage methodologies, design, and implementation
• Advanced working knowledge of fiber channel SANs
• Advanced knowledge of FC and TCP/IP networking
• Experience of managing fiber channel SAN switches like Mcdata, Brocade and Cisco storage switches
• troubleshooting, testing, and performance tuning in storage platforms
• Proven skills analyzing and troubleshooting complex systems configurations
• Creative person who looks for new and innovative ways to resolve problems
• Knowledge on multiple skills is preferred
• Ability to quickly assimilate technical and non-technical information
• Proficiency in at least one of the following operating systems: Solaris, Windows or Linux
• Design and/or implement solutions that meets and/or exceeds customer’s expectations based on requirements defined by scope document and staying within budgeted estimates
• Conduct and document business discovery with customer stakeholders to determine functional requirements for the implementation of their Backup solution
• Participate in business development and technical pre-sales activities, as required.
• Create SOWs, and hand-over / sign-off documents
• Perform Quality Assurance for engagement deliverables.
• Storage capacity planning and tracking performance metrics.
• Suggesting best practices in Implementing and configuring various storage based on customer needs
• Defining storage solutions as per customer requirement
• Provide knowledge transfer to customers appointed System Administrator and customer’s business users
• Collaborate with other professionals, transferring expertise in delivering and supporting Storage Solutions
• Maintain a high degree of proficiency with Storage solutions and their appropriate application as per the requirements
• Diagnose and troubleshoot operational issues impacting deployment of solutions; work collaboratively with other professionals to resolve issues
• Identify and document best practices and challenges associated with configuring solutions
Additional experience/tasks for this position –
• The consultant must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to technical team member peers ; develop procedural documentation; effectively create deliverables as per time line and quality requirements,
Team – Equinox e Services @equinoxesin